I love this time of year for so many reasons, but particularly because baseball season is finally back. One of the most relaxing things my family likes to do is go to a baseball game together or even just grill up a bunch of good food and watch from home. On Sunday, the whole lot of us went to a Phillies game to do a little early Mother’s Day celebrating. My family has always loved baseball and I used to play every week. I remember when I was about 10 years old, my mom bought me a batters safety helmet and that ignited my passion for the game. I don’t play baseball anymore but I still love watching it! The team was honoring all the moms in attendance with a special hat giveaway promotion. It turned out to be a gorgeous, sunny day – and a win for the home team! So if your mom is the sporty type like mine, tickets to a fun mother-daughter game is definitely my gift recommendation for the approaching Mother’s Day holiday.
Because it’s still early spring, I like to layer up with some warmer pieces in case it gets a bit windy at the stadium. This old-school Phillies thermal shirt is my all time favorite sports apparel. It’s such a classic look when styled with a simple pair of blue skinny jeans or khakis like shown here. I also grabbed a white jean jacket and this faded baseball cap with the traditional Phillies “P”. The whole look is far from flashy, but I love the comfy, casual nature of it. As it’s finally come to my attention that this particular type of sports apparel can look this good when it’s paired with other fashionable items, I’m thinking about customizing my own jacket, from somewhere like Imprint, so that not only can I look fashion-forward, but I can also showcase my love for the game of baseball and my team at the same time. It’s a win-win situation when you think about it and when it’s comfy to wear, it’s just as good. Almost the epitome of that “I didn’t try to look so well put together” look. ;)
- Long Sleeve Women’s Thermal Shirt – Mine is from Marshall’s (I think?) and quite old, but I also love all the Alyssa Milano athletic apparel in the MLB Online Shop.
- Slim Fit Khaki Pants – I feel like I mention these H&M pants in every other outfit post.
- Flip Flops – These slim Rainbows are so feminine. Really pleased I convinced myself to snag a pair while shopping at J. Crew last month.
- White Denim Jacket – Tommy Hilfiger (and embarrassingly old; circa 5th grade) but I love this simple one from GAP
- Nails – Essie’s “Serial Shopper“. Not crazy in love with this bright orange polish for spring. But it felt appropriate for the Cinco de Mayo holiday weekend and it will definitely work well in the summer.
- Faded Baseball Cap – I love the old-school feel of this Phillies hat. It just looks so effortless. I was given this hat as a gift and I’m fairly sure it’s from Marshall’s or TJ Maxx but usually I shop at Lids if I need a specific team’s hat.
- Bracelet – This gold bangle with spiked ends is from Forever 21. Using just one bracelet really allows it to steal the show. I’ve been eyeing up this Let’s Tie the Knot bangle from Lulu’s. So sweet, simple and perfect for this purpose.